Yield: About 16 medium-size pancakes
- 2 cups of sifted Snowflake Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of melted shortening*
- Sift together Snowflake Self-Rising Flour and the sugar.
- Beat eggs slightly, stir in milk, then melted shortening.
- Add liquids all at once to flour and beat until smooth.
(To make thin thinner pancakes, add more milk)
- Bake on hot griddle. Allow to bake through before removing from griddle.
*For extra richness, use butter or margarine.