Yield: A two layer cake.
Oven Temperature: 350 degrees
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of DAILY BREAD Self-rising flour (sifted three times)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Cream shortening and sugar together
- Add eggs, beating well, then flavoring
- Add milk alternately with flour (starting and ending with flour) and beat well
- Pour into greased and floured pans.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (use a cake tester to see if the cake is ready)*
- Allow time to cool then apply favorite icing.
*baking time varies depending on oven