Yield: About twelve 2″ biscuits
Oven Temperature: 450 degrees
- 2 cups of sifted Snowflake Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons of shortening
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of milk
- Cut shortening into flour by hand or with a fork. This should be mixed until the shortening is well distributed throughout the flour.
- Mixing lightly and quickly, add enough milk to make a soft dough. Dough should follow spoon or fork around the bowl in the form of a softball .
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead gently 10 to 20 times. Roll out about a 1/2″ or desired thickness. Cut with floured biscuit-cutter and place on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown (10-12 minutes).